As the junta leader shook hands in Bangkok, the UN said it had received 14 reports of attacks – including from aircraft, drones and artillery – despite a promised halt to the bombing after the earthquake.
The UN is investigating 53 alleged attacks launched by Myanmar's military after it called a ceasefire against rebel groups.
18m
Asianet Newsable on MSNIndia delivers 442 tonnes of food aid to Myanmar following devastating earthquakeIn a gesture of solidarity, India delivered 442 tonnes of food aid to Myanmar on Friday, as part of its ongoing humanitarian response following the devastating earthquake that struck the country last month.
The death toll from Myanmar's devastating earthquake climbed to 3,354, with 4,850 injured and 220 missing, state media said on Saturday, as the visiting U.N. aid chief praised humanitarian and community groups for leading the aid response.
Myanmar's military is limiting critically needed humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in areas where it sees opposition to its rule, the United Nations human rights office said.
Myanmar’s ruling military has declared a temporary ceasefire in the country’s civil war to facilitate relief efforts after a 7.7 magnitude earthquake, which has killed over 3,000 people.
Explore more
Myanmar's ostracised junta chief met the leaders of India and Thailand during a regional summit in Bangkok on Friday, and the U.N. said his military was limiting humanitarian aid following the earthquake that killed over 3,
So far, 2,886 people have been reported dead in Myanmar and another 4,639 injured, according to state television MRTV, but local reports suggest much